Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quick Asian Chicken

Day 3 - 10% there!

And doing well, despite the random craving I had today for an oatmeal cream pie/nutella/peanut butter sandwich. (Thanks love for putting the idea in my head).

I made this very quick chicken for lunch today and it came out MUCH better than expected- really delicious actually!

Quick Asian Chicken


Put chicken breast (already cooked) in tupperware/glass to-go container.
Sprinkle with sesame oil, and add 1-2 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce.
Sprinkle with powdered ginger.
Add vegetable of choice (I used a banana pepper).


Microwave when ready - 2-3 minutes. 


SO GOOD - the oil/sauce acts as a marinade I guess because the chicken was beyond tender and the flavors, while simple, were elegant. Totally will make again.




Breakfast: 2 eggs + bacon - bacon came out much better today when I let it cook on 3 for 30 minutes instead of 9 for 2 minutes...patience pays off
Snack: banana
Lunch: Quick Asian Chicken + baby carrots
Snack: apple + cashew butter (post workout)
Dinner: smoked salmon + whole milk ricotta.  (I know cheese is not Paleo but it's a good wholesome food and I wasn't about to throw away perfectly good (really really good actually) ricotta when cleaning out my fridge. I won't buy any more though.) (PS - this combo was DELICIOUS)

No comments:

Post a Comment