Fall is absolutely my favorite season. Not least because pumpkins are in such abundance!
My love for coconut, spice, and pumpkin prompted this yummy recipe....
- Put the juice of one orange, or 1/4c concentrate, into a saucepot on medium high
- Add diced/chopped vegetables of your choice - I used 1 yellow onion, bell pepper strips, and mushrooms. Saute until onions are translucent and veggies are softened to your liking.
- Add 1 cup of cooked chopped pumpkin or butternut squash, 1 cup chopped cooked tofu or chicken breast, and 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained) and heat until warmed through. **option: you can use uncooked chicken and cook with the veggies
- Add either 1 can of light coconut milk, or 1/3 can of coconut milk plus some water, and 2 tablespoons of curry seasoning powder. Add a few handfuls of fresh spinach. Simmer a few minutes until flavors are well combined and spinach is wilted.
- Turn the heat off. Add a splash of low sodium soy sauce or tamari.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!!!
*May be served over rice or pasta, but is excellent alone