Thursday, May 12, 2011

Philosophy for Breakfast

I find that mornings are the best time for my brain to wander through the esoteric thought jungle. Not yet plagued by worries of the day, I turn over in bed and look out the old glass in the window - something about the way the light plays through the branches is so inspiring. 

I breakfasted on fresh melon, strawberries, and chocolate this morning - seemingly decadent yet effortless and refreshing. The way life should be I believe. And why not? What is stopping us each from living the lives we truly want? If you say Time - we all have the same amount of time. If you say Money - what brings happiness in life is not material which can be bought. If you say Fear of Change - that I believe. But that can also be addressed, and overcome.

When I find myself sad, I do the following: 
  • I sometimes have chocolate for breakfast. 
  • I wear my good jewelry.
  • I listen to the birds.
  • I practice Yoga.
  • I find meaning in my work.
  • I laugh.
  • I read things like If--, and What Constitutes Success
When you find your head swimming, or you've had scary dreams about zombies, or work is an overwhelming chore - have a little philosophy for breakfast. It's sure to set you on a happy course for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment