Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goodies!

Finally - some pictures to go with all the talk...



This was an experiment with homemade grenadine...I didn't want all the sugary badness, so I boiled up a bag of fresh cranberries with a little cinnamon and a very little honey, and drained off the liquid through a damp paper towel in a funnel into the clean grenadine bottle to make a better syrup. It worked pretty well - less sweet, but Much more flavor! And it still sunk to the bottom like grenadine. I called it a success.

My paleo fridge. I was quite proud of it. (Except for the giant cheese in the drawer - it's parmesan from Italy. It stays.)

My yummy roasted veggies! I do this the same way my Italian Nonna does it. Pick your veggies first - this is carrots, eggplant, zucchini, butternut squash, onions, and kale. Drizzle generously with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with salt, black pepper, garlic, and plenty of basil. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, turning/mixing halfway through. Stir them up off the pan more often if it's not a non-stick.

Here is the bread I made for Max as a thank you for being my ride while my car was in the shop. The little roll in the middle was for Drew :)

Rosemary Herb Bread - second rising
Due to my crazy schedule and limited budget, I had to drop from full Paleo to about 70/30. I still eat mostly veggies and lots of good meats, but lentils are wonderful and came in handy last week when I was out of the house from 5am to 7pm. And now I don't have to say no when my friends want to hang out and make cupcakes. Memories are worth a lot. (I only ate 1! ..and a few little tastes along the way)

Last weekend Cynthia wanted to make Boston Creme Cupcakes...they were delicious and super fun! She added nutmeg to the cake mix, and cinnamon to the vanilla pudding filling which really gave them a wonderful depth.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment